Accelerating Your Understanding and Use of Software Technology
Barry & Associates, Inc. provides two websites to assist you with your understanding and use of software technology:
- Barry & Associates, Inc. (this site) describes our consulting and other services.
- Service Architecture helps you get started with a service-oriented architecture SOA) using Web Services and Cloud Computing. It features free articles, services, and product listings that can be used to develop a service-oriented architecture using Web Services and Cloud Computing.
Consulting and Other Services
Our consulting and other services help prepare organizations for moving to Web services and service-oriented architectures:
- Consulting and customized working sessions on software architecture. This helps you quickly make fully informed decisions concerning your enterprise architecture. More...
- Speaking on topics related to advanced software architectures and how such architectures can be used in organizations. This is a great way to communicate the value of using various types of software architectures to larger groups. More...
- Mentoring on technical issues. These sessions make it easier for managers and project leads to get up-to-speed on architectural considerations. More...
It is difficult to keep up with the rapid changes in technology. The advent of Web services and service-oriented architectures makes "keeping up" all the more important, because these technologies are fundamentally changing the way we build our internal systems—those that support our organizations—and how internal and external systems will interact.
We are on the cusp of building "plug-compatible" software components that will reduce the costs of our software systems at the same time increasing the capabilities of the systems. Sure, you have heard that promise more than once before. And more than once, the delivery fell short of the promise. But, as with such promises, they will come true some day. That time is now.
Web Services and Cloud Computing Book
Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures, and Cloud Computing: The Savvy Manager's Guide (Second Edition)
by Douglas K Barry with David Dick
This is a guide for the savvy manager who wants to capitalize on the wave of change that is occurring with Web Services, service-oriented architecture, and—more recently—Cloud Computing. The changes wrought by these technologies will require both a basic grasp of the technologies and an effective way to deal with how these changes will affect the people who build and use the systems in our organizations. This book covers both issues. Managers at all levels of all organizations must be aware of both the changes that we are now seeing and ways to deal with issues created by those changes. This is a non-technical book on a technical subject. It assumes no prior knowledge of the technology.
- Description, contents, and preview for this book: click here.
- Latest updates on Web services specifications mentioned in this book: click here.
- Free Webcast discussing one of the chapters from the first edition of this book: click here.
- Stencils so you can create your own force field analysis or service-oriented architecture diagrams similar to those used in this book: click here.
Are you looking for a way to get started with Web services and Cloud Computing? Check out www.service-architecture.com. That site features free articles, product listings, and services that can be used to develop a service-oriented architecture: